Old Spice team talks about their strategyby Tod Maffin, Publisher, CaseStudiesOnline.com
Found a great interview with the team behind the wildly successful Old Spice campaign. In the interview, they talk about how they decided to employ various social media strategies, and which people to send personalized videos to.
One interesting disclosure was that Old Spice had built a custom application that ranks the influence level of people tweeting Old Space, providing the team with a shortlist of people to produce customized YouTube responses to:
We’ve built an application that scans the Internet looking for mentions and allows us to look at the influence of those people and also what they’ve said. They’re working in collaboration with the creative team that are there to pick out the messages that: 1. Have creative opportunity to produce amazing content; or 2. Have the ability to then embed themselves in an interesting or virally-relevant community. It’s not just picking people with huge followings, it’s a really interesting combination.
Full interview is here.
- 5 Things @OldSpice Taught Us About Social Media (justbrand.me)
- Why The “Old Spice Guy” Might Be The Perfect Branding Campaign (rohitbhargava.com)
- Exploring the dangerous genius of Old Spice’s video ads (smartblogs.com)
- Old Spice “The Man You Could Smell Like” Campaign – Learn Social Media By Example (thoughtpick.com)
- 7 Social Media Marketing Lessons You Should Learn From The Old Spice Man (businessinsider.com)
- Old Spice Guy Bids Farewell To Fans After Achieving Social Media Domination (socialtimes.com)
Advertising, Blogger/Influencer Outreach, Personal Care, Video/YouTube, Viral Marketing