New Zealand fashion week, similar to New York’s fashion week, created a successful multi-platform social media strategy that helped grow attendance and revenue during the entire week of the event. Fashion weeks are a way to bring the top designers, retailers, socialites, and those just passionate about fashion together in one place to party and do business.
- Content Driven – create custom content, solicit guest bloggers/commenters
- Real-Time updating along with scheduled content releases daily
- Buzz building – events, giveaways, exclusives
- Deepen engagement on channels – those managing channels invested more time
- Showcase partners and sponsors – utilize their social influence
- Photos worth sharing – upload the hottest new styles in shoes, clothes…
- Daily measurement and refinement – change tactics as needed
- Audience reach – 71% women, median age – 24
- Page impressions during 5 weeks – 951,000
- Total stories on Facebook – 24,874
- Page views – Up by 64%
- 22,000 engaged users 2 weeks prior to the event
- 70% of attendees heard about the event first on Social Media
View full case study of New Zealand Fashion Week on Slideshare.